Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, filipino pancit bihon guisado - vermicelli noodles stir fry. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
How to cook stir-fry vermicelli noodles !! Paano magluto NG pancit sotanghon guisado!! Filipino Pancit Sotanghon Guisado is another variety of noodle dish which uses Sotanghon (vermicelli) as the main ingredient.
Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado - Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado - Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook filipino pancit bihon guisado - vermicelli noodles stir fry using 25 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado - Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry:
- Prepare 1/2 small cabbage (red/regular), julienned thickly
- Make ready 1/4 bunch Chinese pechay, chopped (optional)
- Take 1 handful green beans, cut 1in
- Get 1 good sized onion (red, white or combo), julienned
- Take 5 cloves garlic minced
- Get 1 large carrot, julienned
- Make ready 1 celery top stalk chopped
- Prepare 3 full pinches chopped celery leaves
- Prepare 1 bell pepper/capsicum, julienned
- Take 3 mild green chilies (optional)
- Get 1/2 chicken bouillon or broth cube
- Prepare 1/2 cup pork tips (optional)
- Get 2 chicken breasts or rib part bone-in
- Take 3 chicken livers (optional)
- Take 1-2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- Prepare 1/2 c small shrimps, peeled (optional)
- Get 1/2 c fried fish balls, halved (optional)
- Make ready 1 big pc of dried woodear, soaked, julienned (optional)
- Get 2-3 Tbsp soy sauce (light, dark or combo)
- Prepare 3-4 Tbsp cooking oil
- Prepare 1 pack (250 g) vermicelli noodles
- Prepare to taste Salt and pepper
- Prepare Fried minced garlic (optional garnish)
- Prepare 4-6 halved Calamansi or sliced lime, on the side
- Make ready Green onions, cut into garnish size (optional garnish)
Slightly undercook the vegetables during the initial stir-fry as they will continue to cook when the noodles are finished off. Stir-fry on high heat so everything sears. If you ever attend a Filipino get-together one of the dishes you Pancit bihon or pancit guisado (as it's referred to in my family) is one of the easiest preparations. As its name suggests (guisado means sautéed and bihon is the type.
Instructions to make Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado - Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry:
- Salt & pepper the chicken, liver and pork tips. Par boil in a pot with the bullion cube then cut into strips or chop if you prefer bone-in and set aside. Wash and dip the vermicelli in clean water then leave to soak in the liquid used to boil the meat.
- In a deep pan or wok, sauté the garlic and onions. Drop in the bell pepper if you prefer it softer, if not, add later.
- Add chicken, pork, liver, shrimps, woodear mushrooms and sauté with a dash of soy sauce. The optional proteins are up to you. It can just be the basic chicken. It can also be leftover roast chicken or meat. That's why the Pancit is so versatile. :) Sauté whatever you have at this point with the garlic and onions, except the already fried fishballs (add that when ready to serve).
- Sauté 3 mins. Drop in the chilies now if you prefer a little heat. Mix in.
- The key note : the more protein and veggies, the tastier, so choose at least 2-3 to add in the wok from the optional ingredients.
- Add green beans, if any, carrots and the stalky parts of the cabbage. Sauté 3 mins.
- Drop in the remaining cabbage, pechay, and celery. Mix in. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a minute add the drained noodles into the wok. Stir/mix in the veggie-meat mix. Note: the pancit should not be dripping with liquid. The finished product should not be saucy. So drain well.
- Distribute the oyster sauce and soy sauce. Mix in thoroughly. You'll see the noodles change in color. Add in your fish balls, if any
- Taste and add more oyster or soy sauce according to your preferred taste. Keep sautéing until desired softness (or al denté) of the noodles is achieved.
- At this point all the veggies, proteins, and noodles should be cooked so remove from heat and transfer to your serving bowl.
- Serve with green onions, fried garlic and calamansi on the side.
- How to eat? Get a serving, sprinkle with green onions and garlic on top. Then get a calamansi or lime slice (or two) and squeeze over the noodles, around the plate. Enjoy! :)
Pancit, or pansit, is a quick-cooked noodle dish that is one of the quintessential meals of Filipino cuisine. The most common variety is pancit bihon, with rice vermicelli and a mix of meat and vegetables. (Filipino stir-fried rice noodles with meat and vegetables). Featured in: A Feast for Filipinos. Pancit bihon or "Pansit" is a Chinese-Filipino food dish and one of the variety of Pancit Guisado recipes that I love to cook. Heat until boiling and add the drained pancit bihon.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food filipino pancit bihon guisado - vermicelli noodles stir fry recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!