Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, southwest chicken stew. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Southwest Chicken Stew is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Southwest Chicken Stew is something which I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have southwest chicken stew using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Southwest Chicken Stew:
- Get 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- Make ready 1/2 large red onion, diced
- Take 1 yellow pepper, diced
- Make ready 1 orange pepper, diced
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Take 1 can Fire roasted tomatoes
- Get 1 cup chicken broth
- Get olive oil
- Prepare to taste salt and pepper
- Prepare 1 jalapeno, diced (w/seeds or without, depends on preference)
Instructions to make Southwest Chicken Stew:
- Heat pan with 2 tbls of olive oil on med high heat. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper. Brown, appx 5 minutes. Remove from pan
- Add another tbls of olive oil to pan. Then add onion with a pinch of salt, saute till almost translucent, appx 2-3 minutes.
- Add peppers, garlic, jalapeno. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Turn heat to med low and cook for 20 minutes with lid on.
- Turn heat to low, lid off, and let reduce for 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve over rice, with flour tortillas. Add a dollop of sour cream and/or guacamole.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food southwest chicken stew recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!