Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, vegan crispy tofu sushi rolls. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook vegan crispy tofu sushi rolls using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls:
- Get Firm tofu
- Prepare 1 C Sushi rice
- Take 1 C Corn starch
- Prepare Vegan chicken seasoning
- Make ready UMAMI mushroom seasoning
- Take 2 Nori sheets
- Take Pickled Shredded red cabbage
- Make ready Pickled carrots and apples
- Take Soy sauce (shoyu sauce)
- Take Mirin (rice wine vinegar)
- Make ready Sesame oil
- Make ready Sesame seeds (optional)
- Take Panko bread crumbs
- Make ready Oat milk
- Get Sugar and Salt
Instructions to make Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls:
- Drain and pat dry the firm tofu. Cut it in half. You dont need all of it unless you plan to make a lot of sushi. Cut length wise and not too thick.
- Place 1 cup of corn starch in a bowl. Season it with the vegan chicken seasoning and mushroom seasoning. [You can use whatever seasoning you want] mix well!
- Cover the tofu in the cornstarch mix. In two bowls place the oat milk and bread crumbs. Dip the cornstarch tofu in the oat milk first and then in the breadcrumbs covering it completely and shaking off excess. Once you have done all of the tofu set aside and start heating up oil.
- In the mean time cook sushi rice per instruction in either a rice cooker or pot. I did a pot because I didnt want to deal with rice cooker (it was quicker too)
- Once oil is hot enough, fry those little suckers!
- Once everything is cooked time to assemble. But first, place the warm rice in a shallow bowl and season it with 1 tbsp of rice vinegar, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and 1/2 tsp of sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Grab the nori sheets and place one on the sushi mat. I use wax paper on the mat to help it not stick. Press rice into the sheet pressing firmly but gently. Rice should stick easily if it's a bit warm.
- Start assembling your ingredients, and ROLL carefully.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food vegan crispy tofu sushi rolls recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!