Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, ricotta & honey stuffed chicken breast. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ricotta & Honey Stuffed Chicken Breast is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Ricotta & Honey Stuffed Chicken Breast is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Ricotta (pronounced [riˈkɔtta] in Italian) is an Italian whey cheese made from sheep, cow, goat, or Italian water buffalo milk whey left over from the production of other cheeses. Like other whey cheeses, it is made by coagulating the proteins that remain after the casein has been used to make cheese. Soft and creamy ricotta can be used in a huge variety of dishes, from gnocchi and gnudi to pancakes and cheesecake.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ricotta & honey stuffed chicken breast using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ricotta & Honey Stuffed Chicken Breast:
- Make ready 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast; trimmed
- Take 1 C ricotta cheese; drained
- Take 1 lemon; zested & juiced
- Prepare 1 T honey
- Make ready 8 leaves fresh basil; chiffonade
- Prepare 1 T fresh rosemary; minced
- Make ready 1 t fresh thyme; minced
- Take 1 t garlic powder
- Get 1 t onion powder
- Get as needed kosher salt & black pepper
- Prepare as needed olive oil
Although typically referred to as ricotta cheese, ricotta is not properly a cheese because it is not produced by coagulation of casein. So, ricotta actually translates to recooked in Italian, and ricotta is what's called a "whey cheese." When you make cheese, you separate milk into two distinct things. You have the solids, called curds, which. Make spinach and ricotta fritattas with help from a European trained executive chef in this free video clip.
Instructions to make Ricotta & Honey Stuffed Chicken Breast:
- Use a paring knife to make a small incision on the top of the inside of the breast (the thickest part), but do not puncture the knife all the way through the breast.
- Use your fingers or a honing steel to hollow out the inside of the breast, making a pocket.
- Combine ricotta, honey, lemon zest and juice, and basil in a small mixing bowl. Add a tiny pinch of salt. Whisk together. Use a soft spatula to transfer to a piping bag with a small circle tip. Alternatively, use your fingers and a spoon.
- Drizzle enough olive oil over the chicken to coat. Transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Pipe the cheese mixture into the breast. Season each side of the breasts with rosemary, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 45 minutes until chicken and cheese filling reach 165°
- Variations; Parsley, roasted bell peppers or garlic, crushed pepper flakes, chives, sage, white wine vinegar, caramelized onions or shallots, zucchini, squash, scallions, herbes de provence, tarragon, dill, red wine vinegar, champagne vinegar, balsamic, bacon, pancetta, prosciutto, oregano, apple, apricot, asparagus, parmesean, sour cream, cheddar, goat cheese, eggplant, pesto, horseradish, grapes, lavender, leeks, lime, dijon, marjoram, mint, orange, olives, pine nuts, pumpkin, sage, savory,
- Cont'd: spinach, sherry, acorn squash, butternut squash, sweet potato, tomato, figs
Technically, ricotta could be considered a cheese byproduct. The word ricotta means recooked in Italian, and ricotta production involves reheating the whey left over from making other. A soft Italian curd cheese made from whey, which is drained and then lightly 'cooked'. It is light and creamy with a slightly grainy texture and delicate flavour. A simple marriage of ricotta cheese, egg, and a Ricotta gives this sauce a cheesy tanginess that we don't get with heavy cream.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food ricotta & honey stuffed chicken breast recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!