Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, not your mama's potato salad!. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Say goodbye to potato salad drenched in mayo. Taste it before adding it to the rest of the batch. How to Make Mama's Potato Salad.
Not your Mama's potato salad! is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Not your Mama's potato salad! is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook not your mama's potato salad! using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Not your Mama's potato salad!:
- Make ready salad
- Take 5 small potatoes (I like yukon gold or red)
- Prepare 5 hard boiled eggs
- Take 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Make ready 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- Make ready 3 slice crispy bacon, diced
- Get 1/4 mayonnaise
- Prepare 2 tbsp course ground dijon mustard
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 1 tsp black pepper
- Make ready 1/2 tsp paprika
- Take 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
I generally steer clear of any two-part food ending in the word salad: tuna, chicken, seafood, egg, macaroni. To be fair, I should disclose that within the last few years. Place in a large pan and cover ½ with water. Place on high heat and bring to a boil.
Steps to make Not your Mama's potato salad!:
- Simmer potatoes on medium heat. Cook for about 20 min or so. (The skins are left on so it is a long cook time, but it keeps you from having soggy potatoes.)
- Halve eggs and remove the yolks, set yolks aside in a large mixing bowl. Dice the whites and set aside.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and vinegar to the bowl with the yolks and mix until smooth.
- Once the potatoes are done let them cool a bit and give them a large dice (I leave the skins on). Add to the mayo mix and let cool in the fridge.
- Once the potatoes are cooled add the egg, onion, bacon and peppers. Now its ready to eat!
Recipe by: JULIEP "This is a recipe my boyfriend's mother always made for him growing up. I made it, at his request, for his birthday, and it was a huge hit at the party!" Save to favorites. This old-fashioned potato salad recipe doesn't have many ingredients, so it isn't as colorful as many that you find nowadays. But Mama made it the way her mother did, and that's the way I still make it today. Try it and see if it isn't one of the best-tasting potato salads you have ever eaten! —Sandra Anderson, New York, New York Mama's Old Fashioned Potato Salad.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food not your mama's potato salad! recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!