Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, cajun injected smoked turkey breast. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have cajun injected smoked turkey breast using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast:
- Take For the turkey:
- Get 1 (7-8 lb) turkey breast
- Make ready 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Get 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Take 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Make ready 3/4 tsp sea salt
- Prepare 1/4 tsp cayenne powder (1/2 for more heat)
- Make ready 3 tbs warm water
- Make ready 1 tbs honey
- Prepare 1/3 cup oil (vegetable or light olive is best)
- Prepare Other supplies
- Get 1 bag charcoal (if smoker/grill is charcoal)
- Take 1 bag hickory, mesquite or apple wood chips
- Take Injector syringe with needle
- Take Smoker or large grill
- Make ready Water
- Take Smoker box (for gas grills)
- Take Grill thermometer
- Prepare Meat thermometer
Instructions to make Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast:
- Remove turkey breast from package, rinse and then pat dry with clean paper towels. Place on a large platter or foil lined cookie sheet, meat side up.
- In a mediun bowl mix together all the dry seasoning. Add the water and honey. Stir with fork to combine until honey is fully melted in. Slowly add oil while continuing to stir constantly.
- When everything is well incorporated set 1 tbs of mixture aside. Draw remaining mixture up into injector syringe and inject into turkey breast in several places all over until all of the mixture is used up. Rub reserved mixture all over skin.
- Soak wood chips in water for about 15 minutes while you prepare your smoker according to its user manual, or set up a grill for indirect heat if you do not have a smoker. Note: indirect heat means building your fire on one side of the kettle and placing meat over the empty space (usually filled with a "drip pan") on the other side to cook slowly.
- When the smoker reaches 300°F, place wood chips directly on coals (or into smoker box placed on flame for gas grills). Place turkey breast on grate and cover tightly with lid. Cook for 2 - 3 hrs, checking every 20 - 30 minutes, replacing coals and chips as needed. Turkey is done when internal temp reaches at least 165°f.
- When turkey breast is done remove from smoker, tent loosely with foil and let rest 20-30 minutes before carving.
- Note: If the turkey breast begins looking too brown but is not fully cooked you can either tent with foil while still on the smoker or transfer to a 300°F oven (again, tent with foil) to finish cooking.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food cajun injected smoked turkey breast recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!